To connect a Timothy Culture in the Church
20 I have no one else like Timothy, who genuinely cares about your welfare. 21 All the others care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ. Philippians 2:20-21
We see ourselves being able to honestly say to missionaries all around the world – we are part of a network of believers, like Timothy, who genuinely care about your welfare, and what matters to Jesus Christ.
Members of a Timothy Culture live out these attitudes:
- I don‘t want to be like most people.
- I see whatever I do to make a living as a means to an end – serving missions. (Actor/Waiter Mentality)
- I want to break up the tendency in the Church to hold our cards close to our chest by laying my piece of the puzzle on the table and offering it to the picture Christ is making of His Kingdom. (Poker Breaker and Puzzle Maker)
- I count it a blessing to Risk and Go First.
- I am committed to persistent relationships with target missionaries.
- We will plan and facilitate mission experiences that help missionaries and expose potential Go Team leaders to target ministries.
- We will encourage and equip Go Team leaders as they follow through on their prompting to serve a specific target ministry on a regular basis.
- We will help the Go Team leader recruit and train a team as needed to fulfill their vision for serving their target ministry.
- We will help break down barriers that might keep Go Team leaders from following through on their vision.